Cosmetics GMP Audits
If your organization wants to sell cosmetics products anywhere in the world you need to meet the appropriate Cosmetics Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP) requirements.
SGS conducts Cosmetics GMP Audits and ensures compliance with the relevant standards or called for by the end market of the products.
Although generally embracing the same core areas, Cosmetics GMP requirements vary depending on the countries where you market your products. Different countries or regions have their own GMP references such as:
- ISO 22716:2007 (widely accepted international standard)
- ASEAN Cosmetics GMP Guidelines
- United States – Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Center for Food Safety and Applied Nutrition (CFSAN) Cosmetic Good Manufacturing Practice Guidelines
- European Federation for Cosmetic Ingredients (EFfCI) – GMP for cosmetic ingredients
- European Union – COLIPA (the European Cosmetic Association) Cosmetics GMP Guidelines for the Manufacturers of Cosmetic Products
Benefits of Cosmetics GMP Audits by SGS
SGS helps ensure that your cosmetic products are manufactured and handled in compliance with the applicable GMP requirements. We also:
- Ensure the quality of the cosmetic products and consistency
- Demonstrate the compliance of suppliers and vendors with applicable requirements
- Identify deficiencies prior to regulatory or sponsor cosmetic inspections
- Provide periodic training according to applicable regulatory requirements
Who will benefit from Cosmetics GMP training services, gap analysis and compliance audit?
All cosmetics manufacturers, from raw material to finished products, cosmetics packers and labelers, suppliers of consumables, cosmetics distributors and retailers who intend to implement any of these guidelines to their operations, and would like to source possible suppliers according to applicable national guidelines or evaluate the compliance of their existing suppliers.
Cosmetics GMP Audits performed by our experts can also serve as a gap analysis or an internal audit by a third party for cosmetics enterprises to identify any deficiencies and required improvements to meet the applicable cosmetic regulatory requirements.
Our global network of independent and expert auditors and our laboratories offer integrated customer-specific solutions for safety compliance. We help your organization to manage the quality and safety of your products and protect your brands in a consistent, reliable and efficient manner.
Work with SGS to complete your organization’s Cosmetics GMP Audits and manage the quality and safety of your products worldwide.