Transformer Oil Testing
Transformer oil testing from SGS – determine transformer oil properties and identify issues, fast.
Transformer oil is crucial in the cooling process of a transformer. Electrical and thermal stress or chemical contamination can cause failures and reduced component life. Our transformer oil testing services offer you a complete solution to your transformer testing needs. We provide you with fast analyses to IEC, ASTM, and ISO standards, helping you identify issues quickly.
Why choose transformer oil testing from SGS?
We can help you:
- Determine the basic electrical properties of transformer oil
- Identify if an oil is suitable for further use
- Detect whether filtration or regeneration is needed
- Enhance component life and reduce oil costs
- Maximize safety and prevent untimely failures
- Gain crucial historical data to understand changes or increases in key gases and the rate of gas production with our LIMS software
- Access your results fast – your data and analysis reports are available via our live web interface, so you can access your data at any time
Trusted transformer oil testing from a leading provider
As a leading supplier of transformer oil services, we offer you the expertise, resources and experience you need.
Our specific diagnostic analyses include:
- Moisture analysis – IEC 60814
- Dielectric breakdown – IEC 60156
- Acidity – IEC 60296
- Interfacial surface tension (IFT) – ISO 6295
- Dissipation factor and resistivity (DDF) – IEC 60247
- Dissolved gas analysis (DGA) – IEC 60567 and IEC 60599
- PCB tests – ASTM D4059
- Furan analysis – IEC 61198
- DBPC analysis ASTM D4768
- Density – ASTM D4052
- Viscosity – ASTM D445
- Corrosive sulfur test – ASTM D1275B
- Oxidation – IEC 61125
- Sediment and sludge – AS 1883
- Flash point – ASTM D3828
- Pour point – ASTM D97
- Particle count – NAS 1638 & ISO 4406
- Wear metal analysis – ASTM D5185
- Degree of polymerization – ASTM D4243
To find out more about our transformer oil testing services, contact us today.